About the Role
This position assists the Business Manager with the accounting and clerical functions and responsibilities of the library system’s business office, assists the Business Manager in maintaining and ensuring the confidentially of personnel files, and serves as the Sweetwater County Library System’s Purchasing Agent.
Assistant Business Office Manager/Purchasing Agent (Part-time, 20 hours per week)
1. Assists the Business Manager in preparing, posting and running monthly checks including payroll checks and deductions.
2. Prepares and runs annual, quarterly and monthly reports for the business office and board meetings.
3. Regularly assists in maintaining and ensuring the confidentiality of personnel files.
4. Prepares the monthly board meeting packets and records board meeting minutes.
5. Assists with employee salary and benefits management.
6. Prepares bank deposits.
7. Orders, receives and distributes supplies.
8. Oversees Purchasing Manual compliance.
9. Assumes responsibility of the Business Office in the absence of the Business Manager.
10. Applies the highest level of discretion and integrity to business office matters.
1. Remains informed of current system policies, procedures, activities and services.
2. Performs other related and necessary duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Bookkeeping and basic accounting principles.
3. English vocabulary, spelling and grammar.
4. General office procedures.
1. Be bonded.
2. Apply sophisticated accounting software.
3. Organize and maintain accurate files and records.
4. Work independently and exercise mature judgment.
5. Work hours mandated by the Business Office Manager.
1. Excel data manipulation.
3. Time management.
4. Human relations and communications.
5. Taking an organized approach to assignments.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Supervised by the Business Office Manager.
Education and Experience: High school diploma or equivalent and at least eighteen months of work
experience in an office environment.
Schedule Requirements: This position primarily requires working daytime hours with at least one
evening shift a month to attend the library board meeting.
Travel: This job is based at the Sweetwater County Library in Green River requiring occasional travel
throughout the library system to attend meetings using a library vehicle and/or your own vehicle. You
must have or be able to obtain a current driver’s license valid in the State of Wyoming, have the ability
to operate a motor vehicle and be able to be insured by the library system’s auto insurance policy.
Work Environment and Physical Demands: The essential functions of this job require the employee to
work in an office environment requiring frequent stooping, bending, walking over uneven spaces and
lifting or carrying moderately heavy (20-40 lbs) items.
Please Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. Duties, responsibilities or qualifications may change at any time with or without notice. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an employee contract.
This position is Part-time, 20 hours per week only.
About the Company
Library service in Sweetwater County began in the early part of the 20th century when residents in both Rock Springs and Green River worked to bring libraries to the area. Over the years, the Sweetwater County Library System has grown to include three main libraries and six rural branches and the Community Fine Arts Center. The library system provides service to the 15th largest county in land area in the United States.
The Sweetwater County Library System has six rural branch libraries in the communities of Bairoil, Farson, Granger, Reliance, Wamsutter and Superior. Service has continued in some of these communities since the 1940s.
The Sweetwater County Library System also provides Home Services for residents in outlying areas in Sweetwater County and to residents in Green River and Rock Springs who are confined to their homes due to health, age or disability.